Tamil film director Pa Ranjith criticizing CAAVignesh Suppian (Author) Published Date : Mar 01, 2020 12:54 IST
Know all facts on Tamil film director Pa Ranjith criticizing CAA: Tamil film directors criticize the CAA as the fascist type of attack on the people. Pa.Ranjith has said the Washermanpet CAA protest is like the Shaheen Bagh of Chennai and is causing fear to those in power. Meanwhile On February 26, United Nations High Commissioner for Human Rights Mitchell Batchet expressed great concern over the CAA.
In the 43rd session of the Human Rights Council in Geneva, she said that 800 people remain under detention in Jammu & Kashmir and concerned about the police inaction on the face of the attacks against the Muslims by other groups during the CAA protests.
Director Vetrimaran, along with Director Ameer spoke to the Press recently and said there is fear created among the people, which is the sign of fascism. And if it is not overthrown, fascism will soon engulf India. Ameer said that NPR would not only affect Muslims but put all ordinary people to prove their identity and is creating fear for being citizens of India.
TNTJ or Tamil Nadu Thowheed Jamaath organized yesterday, and today, many dharnas in most of the districts in Tamil Nadu. Yesterday 5000 Muslims protested in Tirunelveli. Today across Tamil Nadu they are staging dharnas in 18 places in Tiruvaru, Five places in Cuddalore, 15 places in Kanyakumari, Cuddalore, Thanjavur, Theni, Namakkal and Erode.
Pa Ranjith said in the Washermanpet protest many things including
- Small children are brandishing knives and violence are instilled in their hearts
- The fascist nature, majority power, not to hear to any to anyone and another factor of this government is creating this kind of situation
- Only ministers saying that people should shoot the traitors is the reason for 42 lives lost in Delhi
- Next to Gujarat, Delhi is seeing unprecedented violence
- RSS and Sangh Parivar groups are planning well to create violence during the peaceful protests
- Yesterday they tried such a support protest in Coimbatore which did not have even 25 % of the people here
- Arjun Sampath of Hindu Makkal Katch has gone to Santhome Church and asked people there to whom does this property belong
- Tamil Nadu government should bring in resolution in the assembly against the CAA, NPR and NRC like other states as it is the wish of all Tamil people.
Tamil film director Pa Ranjith criticizing CAA