CM Edappadi Palaniswami Says, Resolution Against CAA is Under ConsiderationVignesh Suppian (Author) Published Date : Feb 26, 2020 19:35 IST
Tamil Nadu chief minister Edappadi Palaniswami today, February 26 said, the resolution against CAA in the assembly is under consideration. Also, the PSAZ was brought with the powers bestowed with the state government. Meeting the press in Tiruchy after inspecting the renovation work in Kollidam Kadavanai, he also said that AIADMK leadership would decide on giving Rajya Sabha seat to DMDK.
Today CM Palaniswami was on a visit to Tiruchy for attending many functions. After inspecting the renovation and construction world in Kollidam along with tourism minister Vellamandi Natarajan, he spoke to the press among many issues including
- The PSAZ or the protected special agricultural zone scheme is brought to protect the districts that have executed the hydrocarbon project
- As per the powers bestowed by the agricultural department powers to the state government, the PSAZ is effective now.
- Since Tiruchy and Ariyalur come under the Methane scheme, they are not brought into the ambit of PSAZ.
- Also, if Karur and Tiruchy are brought under PSAZ, their industrial development will be affected.
- 35 % of the renovation work is completed in Kollidam Kadavinai and will be ready by 2021.
- All parties have the right to ask for MP posts, and only the AIADMK leadership will decide on the DMDK's Rajya Sabha MP request.
- The resolution against CAA is under consideration of the Tamil Nadu government.
But he also has said that the current and ongoing oil business should not be disturbed in the notified area. But he said that there would be no new hydrocarbon project allowed in the PSAZ notified area. He also confirmed that Dharmendra Pradhan, the union petroleum and natural gas minister, also recognized their concerns and has assured of not making any fresh block allotments without the consent of the state government.
CM Edappadi Palaniswami Says, Resolution Against CAA is Under Consideration