Coimbatore Collector K. Rajamani IAS spoke to the Press yesterday, March 18, on the many steps taken by the government to contain coronavirus in Coimbatore.
What are the Covid-19 Prevention Measures Taken in Coimbatore?
Coimbatore government hospital is to have a coronavirus sample testing machine from March 20. If there is one major city in Tamil Nadu that is more vulnerable to coronavirus attack, it is the Coimbatore city. It is because of its airport and eight ways from Kerala, the second most coronavirus affected state in India. Coimbatore Collector K. Rajamani IAS spoke to the Press yesterday, March 18, on the many steps taken by the government to contain coronavirus in Coimbatore.
- On all the eight ways from Kerala, there are check posts to check the incoming people for coronavirus.
- Revenue, police, and municipal administration departments combine to check the people.
- In the Coimbatore airport, a thermal scanner, an infrared scanner, and other ways of checking are done for all foreign passengers by a six-member group.
- The airport is soon to have a quarantine facility for 100 patients who come with coronavirus symptoms and other ailments like diabetes, blood pressure, among others.
- Five people are now quarantined in the CMCH or the Coimbatore Medical and College Hospital.
- Two are French nationals and one each from Udumalpet, Mettupalayam, and Valparai, who are awaiting results of their samples from Chennai.
- The sample testing machine is now with CMCH and will start conducting sample tests here itself from March 19 or 20.